I love traditions. Hopefully one day, our family will have lots of them. The bad thing is, it's hard to come up with traditions that are memorable and original. I know that most of the time traditions just fall into place, but I would like to have some set while our kids are young.
Though it isn't very original, Danny and I decided that every year on Christmas Eve we want to take our kids sledding. This was the first time Jaxson has ever gone so it made this first-time tradition even more memorable. We didn't get to sled much, we couldn't get Jaxson's face out of the snow long enough to go down the hill! All he kept saying was, "I wanna eat da snow! Mom, Dad, you eat some too! ".
He did go a few times though!
After sledding we went home for a quick shower and nap for Jax, then headed to the annual Christmas Eve dinner at the Theurer's.
After the dinner and devotional we had a little gift exchange. Anything Cars related is a winner with Jax.
After dinner we went home and gave Jax his Christmas pajamas.
Then let him get his wiggles out playing "get you" with Shorty.
Having a dog is awesome. It's like the kid form of a treadmill.
I was going to crop out our crooked star before posting this picture, but that stinkin' thing was such a part of our holiday season. It NEVER stays straight, we had to adjust it on a regular basis. I think next year we will invest in a new one.
CHRISTMAS DAY!
SANTA CAME!!!
I am such kid, I couldn't sleep Christmas Eve night AT ALL! I woke up early and got breakfast going and waited for Danny to wake up. Then, at 9:00, I couldn't take it anymore and woke up Jaxson.
I wish the video of Jaxson seeing his toys for the first time wasn't so long so I could put it on here. He was so cute and excited. Christmas is so so great having kids.
Danny playing his gift from Jaxson... only Jax would get Daddy a version of Guitar Hero filled with Butt Rock songs. Mommy would NEVER do such a thing, yuck.

3 comments:
I love it when you update your blog. I check it every night before bed. Love you guys
Looks like you guys had a good Christmas! We love seeing fast Jaxson is growing! I love the pic of him and Jaxson on the little couch! Brooklyn misses them! Hope your New Year is starting out great for you all!
What a fun Christmas... I want to hear about how much Jax loved his new car! ... Ty will have to come over and play with him. Your tree looks gorgeous... and I love that the silly star wouldn't stay in place... those are Christmas memories right!
Post a Comment