Sunday, May 6, 2007

Palace of Fine Arts


There are so many cool places to see in this city that Danny and I decided we are going to go somewhere new every week. This week we went to the Palace of Fine Arts. We didn't get to go in the Exploratorium museum that is right there, but we will sometime. I can't believe that we have lived here for this long and haven't ever been to this place. It is in the Presidio right by my work, but we just haven't ever gone. We have really been missing out. It was beautiful.


Danny was kind enough to cover part of my rapidly growing belly.


My hottie husband.


I climbed up the building past the "don't climb on building" sign for Danny to get this picture. I'm a rebel.

6 comments:

The Aprecios said...

Wow, that is really prety place but what is it?

The Aprecios said...

Hey PS- Dont Matt and Shari have a blog? I thought I remembered seeing one a while ago, but I have no idea what their id is. Let me know if you do!

Loni said...

The actual Exploratorium is a science/space/life museum, then outside it are these huge collumns and stuff. To tell you the truth, I don't know the history behind all the architecture. I probably should know... :)
Matt and Shari's blog is http://web.mac.com/msbbailey/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
There may be a shorter link, but I don't know it.

Loni said...

I was curious about what all the buildings and columns were there for since Holly asked, so I looked it up. The Palace of Fine Arts has been restored to what it looked like when it was built in 1915 as one of the fantasy monuments for the Panama-Pacific Exposition. It was a Neo-Classical Palace used as an Expo' centerpiece.

Patrick&Kera said...

Loni, your family is so dang cute. it was fun to see them all at the airport. Put a smile on my face. have a fabulous week.

The Aprecios said...

Loni, funny story.

We were over at our friends house last night, and I was showing her my blog because I want her to get one because shes moving back to Utah. I was showing her how the links worked and went onto your page. She pointed at your main picure and said, "Is that a Theurer?" I guess she dated Dannys older brother. She said Danny probably wouldnt know her, but his brother would. Her name was Jessica Johnson.
Anyway, its a small world!I thought it was funny.