Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bean Hollow State Beach


A few months ago Danny came home with a scrap of paper from a magazine. It was a list of the top 10 best unknown beaches in California. One beach was only an hour away, and he really wanted to go there sometime. We finally made it down there today and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

It was a little cove right off Highway 1. Smooth sandy beach, and great tide pooling.


We found star fish, crabs, sea cucumbers, purple sea urchins, fish, and muscles.


This one was eating a snail. Another star fish we found was eating a crab. It was really cool!


Jaxson had the time of his life running free playing in the sand.










Some of the purple sea urchins, crabs and snails.








We looked up the tide online and went at low tide so were able to walk all over the rocks that were usually under water.


Jaxson loved touching all the sea shells stuck to the rocks and searching for "bishies" (he thought the sea weed was fish).
This is by far my favorite beach we have been to around here. We hope to go back a few more times in the next 4 1/2 weeks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loni, it's your cousin Torri. You guys look like you have such a great time, and Jaxson is such a cutie!!! I was curious, Clint and I want to plan a trip in N. CA, most likely the Monterey Bay area, probably later this summer if we can pull it off. We want to visit the big aquarium they have down there. Any other places you could recommend? How is the weather in Aug-Sept? I know that's a good time of year for Southern CA, but I know Northern CA weather is a bit different! I would really appreciate any advice, since you all have been in the area for a while now... Email me @ torri.bendel@chasepaymentech.com. Talk to ya soon, take care!!
Torri

Dena Coleman Bailey and Randy Bailey said...

Wow! What a cool beach. I'm excited to visit there. Cute pictures.