Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time-Out...A Cry For Help


Jax has been spending a lot of time here lately, the time out corner. He is hitting like crazy! My only problem is, he isn't hitting when he gets mad (most of the time), he is hitting when he plays. I don't want him to think hitting is okay at any time though. Plus, half the time he is in time-out he just giggles. AGH! I want it to be a punishment. Today right after I set him down and reminded him why I was putting him in time out and walked away, he started saying "sossy mama, sossy momma" (sorry mama). He has figured out the drill now and thinks that when he says sorry I will get him up. We have tried facing the chair different directions and it seems to have the most effect on him when he can see us having fun or doing things while he is stuck in a chair. I also do the 1 min per year of age, but I feel like 1.5 min. isn't long enough to get the point across. Bottom line, time-out isn't working. Like right now, I just had to put him in time-out for hitting the TV and he is sticking both fingers up his nose trying to blow air out his nose at the same time, wait, now his is showing me his "bummy butt" (belly button)...Any suggestions on how to get him to stop hitting (and being SSSSOOOOO loud all the time if you have any suggestions for that too)?




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute kid Jaxson is. Time out.......hummm maybe you could try putting Cadberry eggs in your pocket and when you notice him not hitting give him a egg and praise him.!!!!!

Love Bamma