Last night we got home from one of the best weeks I have had in a long time. We went to Arizona for spring break to meet up with my family and visit some of my extended family we haven't seen in a long time. We were constantly doing fun things. I moved to Utah when I was 10, but most of my relatives live in Arizona, so growing up I didn't know what it was like to have family close by. It was so amazing to feel so cared about by so many people. While we were there, there wasn't a day that went by that someone didn't call and want to see us, or take us to get something to eat. Jaxson got to meet his great grandparents for the first time too. He was such a good baby, even though he didn't get as much sleep as he was used to. The 85-90 degree weather wasn't too horrible either :)
For the first few days we were there my parents and most of my brothers and sisters were there too. They met us there since my grandpa and grandma hadn't met my niece either, and to spend Easter together. This is my brother Matt, Danny, my Dad, and my grandpa. Check out my grandpa's guns!!
My mom loved catching up on the snuggle time she misses out on since we live so far away.
Jax loves Aunt Shari.
Brooklyn on Easter morning.
Grandma letting Jax practice. I love the look on Jaxson's face, he totally looks like he got caught doing something wrong.
We had a big BBQ with all the family at my Aunt Diane's house on Easter and celebrated my Grandma's birthday as well. Happy Birthday grandma!!
One of the first things we did in AZ was go to the park to enjoy the nice weather. Danny enjoyed it more than the kids.
Danny was excited to find out my Uncle's dad and grandpa were dentists. This is the sign that used to hang outside their office. Yes, that was his real name.
Easter Morning
We celebrated our first Easter with Jaxson. It's funny how the thing he liked most was a little toy that was $1.50. I would love it if he stayed that easy to please his whole life :)
Our little fam. (That is the toy he loved)
Jax and Daddy on Easter.
Me and my little happy guy.
Jax also met his other great-grandma, we call her grannie. We miss not seeing her very often.
I thought it was so cute when we were visiting Grandma and she gave Jax a big kiss on the cheek and left a kiss mark.
Danny and Jaxson showing off for everyone.
This was so amazing to me... For work my Aunt takes care of handicapped people. One person she takes care of is a blind girl named Susan. Susan was so sweet and it was so incredible to me that to stay entertained she does 55 piece puzzles. She separates them into piles and slowly figures it out. It was amazing.
Baths
We stayed in a house that my parents own in Mesa while we were there. It is the house that I lived in for the 10 years I lived there. This is Jaxson taking a bath in the same tub I took baths in when I was a baby.
Growing up, every time we would go to my grannies house we would love to take a bath in her big tub. Jax got to play in it now too!
Unprepared

Unprepared
So we were driving home yesterday and shortly after feeding Jaxson we realized we were out of diapers. We were in the middle of no where and he was stinky....great. We found some tiny town a few miles off the freeway that was so run down Danny claimed the only people who lived there are illegal aliens and murderers. We found some though at a tiny market ran by a very friendly Middle Eastern family. We tried to ignore the fact that the diapers were quite rough and had Mexican cartoon characters all over them. When we got home though shortly after, the rash that they gave him was inexcusable. Luckily, the rash is almost gone and the remaining diapers are being thrown away.


7 comments:
Loni,
Looks like you guys had a fun time, Arizona sounds so nice and warm right now! Well I must say you are lookin HOT!!! You look great and really skinny and Jaxson is so freakin' cute! I can't believe how big he is! We miss you guys so much, but it is so fun to stay caught up with you from your awesome Blog! Love ya Julie
julieannrichards@hotmail.com
What fun pictures. I love your hair. What a cute length. Are you growing it out?? You look really good. Jaxson is getting so big. I can't wait to see him again soon. When do you come to SLC for the summer??
Loni, you look gorgeous in those Easter pictures. I'm glad you guys had a good time.
Yay for good times in sunny Arizona and nasty mexican daipers (just kidding about the last part, the rash is sad but you have to admit it's a little funny)! Now that you're back, we need to hang out!
Loni and Danny,
You all have the cutest baby boy. I am one of Dannys old mission friends and looked him up on the web. Any way you have a beautiful family and tell Danny, Corey Spikes says hello.
It looks like you guys had an awesome vacation! Jaxson is getting so big! I adore is smile. It is the cutest thing ever! You look great by the way Loni!
I LOVE LAMP.
Post a Comment