Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Favorite



We recently got an Exersaucer for Jaxson and he LOVES it! It is my new favorite thing to watch him play in it. It is so funny, I will put him in it and he will start playing with whatever is in front of him, then he will accidentally hit one of the toys next to what he was already playing with and get really excited about the new toy. Then, while playing with the second one, he will bump the one next to it and will throw his arms out and get really excited again at the new toy. He will continue this going round and round. It is so cute. Even once he has made a full lap around all the toys, he still acts like it is the first time he has ever seen all of the toys every time he comes across a new one. I just love it. He will also hit the buttons that play songs and bounce back and forth while they play. Man, babies are so entertaining.









Before I write about this pic I need to mention that Jaxson's skin isn't usually this discolored. He was just screaming his head off a few min before this pic was taken, so his face is still a little blotchy. Why is it that a baby can be totally fine one second, then all the sudden they see their bottle being made and they scream like they haven't eaten in days??

Anyway... back to the explanation. Sometimes I wonder if I am a bad mom. For example, the other day we were at a friends house, and their little girl who is a few weeks older than Jax was holding her bottle by herself and even sitting up for a while on he own. I was amazed (and admittingly slightly jealous) at her skills, and mentioned how Jaxson isn't doing that yet. Then the next day, I was feeding him and let him try it out on his own and he could do it! I wonder how long he has been able to do that and I haven't been giving him the chance to perfect the skill. So then, I said, "well if you can hold your bottle, maybe you can sit." I put him on the floor and TUDAH, he sat up for like 45 seconds. I feel like a bad mom since I haven't been practicing with him more, and didn't know he could do that. Oh well, I guess I know now.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous at the awesome condition of your exersaucer! We have the same one and after two kids it looks pretty shabby! Love you all!
-Becky

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Awww Loni you are silly! You are so not a bad mom a all! You are a great mom and you were only just being the good mom that you are! Jaxson is soo cute! We can't wait to see you guys! Love ya, Shari

Tiffany said...

so.... cute! He sure is getting a little bigger! I can't wait to get pregnant so we can have a cute entertaining baby!!!

Tyson and Courtney said...

I love that you thought you were a bad mom, because I would totally think the same thing. However, from an outside perspective, you know you're nothing of the sort! Anyway, I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. Are you going out of town for break? We should hang out!