This week Danny and I went across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked out to the Point Bonita Lighthouse. We can see it out our apartment window but haven't ever ventured out there. It was really pretty, but really windy. To get to the lighthouse you have to walk down a trail, throught a tunnel in the mountain, and across a suspension bridge that only two people can cross at a time, since it's pretty old and not very strong. There was a ranger out there telling people about it and we learned some cool stuff. They built the lighthouse like 100 years ago because it's really shallow pretty far out around the point entering the bay, so because of that and the fog that is always rolling through, a lot of the ships entering the bay would crash. We also learned that the bulb from the lighthouse is made of thousands of glass prisims. They don't make those types of bulbs anymore so they are always having to fix it.
After the lighthouse we went down to Fort Point to look around. That's where Danny proposed to me, and we hadn't ever been in the actual building there so it was really cool looking around for a minute.
I know I have said it before but I love our Saturday adventures. I'm glad we are taking advantage of all the cool things to see in this city.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Better do all that you can before the baby comes! You'll be busy for awhile :)
Great pictures with the new camera Loni!
K, you probably don't remember me but we were in the same ward forever when we were little. My maiden name is Ashley Belnap. That's so crazy that I would even find you on here, I actually saw your breother's blog on someone else's and then saw you too:) I used to take swim lessons from your mom(who you look so much alike, by the way). Whats funny us I was just telling a friend yesterday how your family had the Bailey Bucks that you earned when you did your chores and things and got to buy stuff from your mom's "store." Anyway- you look great and congrats on the baby!
Post a Comment