The Theurer's have a tradition that every 4th of July they wake up early and drive 2 hours up to Louiston (I don't even know what state...Idaho maybe??). Anyway, we get there and have the "Fireman's Breakfast". All the local firemen serve people breakfast as a fundraiser. Then we walk over to Mainstreet and watch the parade. It is so fun! Then, we always go to the last operating Theurer Market to buy drinks for the way home. It is always a good time.
Jax loved the parade and proudly waved his American flag the whole time.
Later that night we went to the Bee's game. After the game was over we were able to go down through the dugout and onto the field to watch the fireworks with all the players. It was really cool to be on the field surrounded by thousands of people. Thanks Beau for the hook-up.
Even though it was really cool, Jaxson didn't like the fireworks very much. He actually pretty much hated them. Even after they were over he kept looking towards the sky where they were going off with this look on his face like, "they better not start up again".
We had so much fun this summer hanging out with cousins.
This was NOT my idea.
One of the last things we did was go out to Five Mile Pass to ride motorcycles. It is a place my family has been going to for as long as I can remember.
It was Danny's first time going out there, and he had lots of fun riding.
We had lots of fun trying to figure out how to cook our hamburgers and hot dogs over the fire without any supplies. I have to say though that the two highlights of the night had to be Danny's interpretive dance/poem, and Shari and her "catfish taco's".
To explain the catfish taco's, I have a sister-in-law that is deaf but is amazing at reading lips. However, it was dark so we turned the car headlights on so that she could see our mouths when we were talking. It worked out ok, but not perfectly. As we were sitting around the fire we all the sudden heard a helicopter and looked up to see an Apache Helicopter coming right at us with all it's lights turned off only about 100 ft off the ground. They flew right over us and as they passed over we realized that the only light on was the night vision from inside the helicopter. Five Mile is right off a military training base so they were probably just practicing using night vision, and since we were the only people around, they probably used us as a target. It was really cool, but kinda freaky at the same time. Well, after that happened we were all talking how it would be cool to own a pair of night vision goggles, and my sweet sis-in-law pipes in and (having been reading out lips in the dark) says, "you would want catfish taco's?? ". I guess when reading lips "night vision goggles" and "catfish taco's" look pretty similar. I realize you probably had to be there for it to be funny, but it was really funny. Then, Danny decided to recite a made-up poem and do a dance about his riding experience that day. It was a entertaining night.
Anyway, It was fun taking my child to a place I have been going to since I was a child. We had a great summer and I am really sad it went by so quickly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!
A little late, but Danny's birthday was this past Friday. Happy Birthday hun. Thanks for being the best husband and dad ever!

6 comments:
Love the chest hair!
It was so nice to see you guys again! Come back soon to have some catfish tacos with us at 5 Mile Pass, my favorite place to ride, I mean fish!
Randy
happy happy birthday loni!
Happy Birthday Loni!! Hope you had a good day. We've been thinking about you all day!! Hope you did something fun to celebrate!
Loni,
I seriously LOVED the photos!!!!!!!!! you look amazing. Jaxson is getting so big and so cute. Miss you guys.
happy birthday Danny and Loni :)
Post a Comment