I am not one to give Jax sweets very often for the fear that he will only want sweet things, but the other day after making brownies, I couldn't resist. I stripped him down to his diaper, got the camera out, and gave him the spatula then let him go to town.
It was SO worth it. He was so excited and licked that spatula until it was perfectly clean. He sure threw a fit when I took it away though.
My birthday was last week, 24, I am getting up there. I thought that I was going to have to spend the whole day with just Jax and I, but Danny surprised me and got out of his night rotation so he could be home with us. He came home and threw a little BBQ for me. It was a really good day. Thank you to all my awesome friends and family who made the day special for me. You're the best.
ALCATRAZ
We finally got to go to Alcatraz yesterday. Danny's classmates got a big group together and we all went out there on one of the night tours. It was really neat and luckily for this time of year, beautiful weather.
It was cool seeing the island close up. I never realized how many trees there were. It was actually really pretty with all the old buildings and stuff. A creepy kind of pretty, but still cool.
The audio tour is really cool. They have the voices of past guards and even some prisoners guiding you around telling you stories and stuff. I couldn't believe how small the cells were. 5 feet wide, 9 feet deep, and 7 feet tall.
Jax did really well. I let him put my headphones on for a minute and he thought it was really funny.
I can't even imagine having to live there. So many cells full of so many scary people.
The worst part of being a prisoner there would be looking out at such a beautiful city every day, seeing it so close, but knowing you could never get there. In the tour, one of the prisoners told a story about how on New Years Eve if the wind was blowing just right, you could hear music and laughing of people at the party thrown by the Yacht Club. They would look forward to that night all year long.
It was a really cool experience.
We had fun being with friends. I told Regan this sexy pose was going on the blog. I had to keep my promise, hehe.
One of the coolest things was being there during while the sun was setting. We got some really cool pictures. For sure an unforgettable and really fun night.

2 comments:
I have never been to alcatraz can you believe it. How lame am I.
Maybe when I come visit again I shall go :)
looking good girl.
That's great that you live in a place where there are so many fun things to see. We just moved to Kansas...
Post a Comment