This year Danny planned our anniversary so I planned Valentines Day. It was our first year doing this and it worked out well.
Since we have a baby now and wouldn't want to ruin someone else's night by asking for a babysitter, I planned a dinner at home. To make it feel a little special I moved the table into our front room and tried to make it feel as much like a restaurant as I could.
I was pretty happy with it, other than the un-ironed linens...
We had so much food! Sour dough bread, tomatoes and motzerella with balsamic vinegar, then seared Ahi tuna with asparagus and rice pilaf for our main dish. Dessert was a hit with Danny, his FAVORITE treat is sugar free Jello. He always will eat one of the little 10 cal. cups and say, "I could eat like 10 of these". So for dessert I made him a HUGE Jello! We also had fun playing Phase 10 and watching Twister. It was a fun night.
P.S. sorry if there are lots of spelling errors. I overly rely on my spellcheck which doesn't want to work for some reason. Please refrain from making fun of me. :)

3 comments:
OH, Twister the MOVIE. I sat there so confused wondering how you guys watched Twister after playing phase ten . . .
Youre too cute.
PS-My spell check isnt working either. It must be a website issue.
Oh, and I sent commented on your post with my email address. I am dying to know what you have to tell me that isnt blog appropriate.
What a beautiful Valentines dinner! I'm highly impressed! Much more romantic than our excursion to Bill's Burgers! By the way, we loved the valentines candy. Thanks!
Post a Comment