Wednesday, February 20, 2008

President's Day Weekend


I love long weekends! This weekend we were at home trying to think of something fun to do. The zoo has always been one of my favorite places to go, so since it was a sunny day we decided to go.



We had tons of fun checking out all the animals. We got there a little later in the day so all the animals were really active and it was really fun to see. This is by the polar bears, I couldn't get a very good shot though.



Jaxson was such a trooper, his little nose was nice and pink but he was still happy. He loved seeing all the animals.



The area where the giraffe's are is my favorite. There are like 5 big ones and a baby one. Plus, they have all the other African animals in the same place... other than all the mean ones. It's pretty cool.



So these guys are cool looking, but so mean! I was standing there telling Danny how one time I got one of these monkeys (i forgot what they are called, I know it starts with a M though...) really mad once it growled at me and got really aggressive. So Danny thought it would be funny to see. He started smiling really big and lifting his arms in the air. All the sudden the monkey turned to us and pulled his lips back and showed us all his fangs and started snarling at us. It was pretty freaky. Especially since at this same zoo a tiger got out and killed someone and hurt two others just a month ago or so. It scared me pretty bad.

We finished off our weekend by going down to Union Square on Monday and doing a little shopping. It was a great weekend, and so much fun being with Danny since he has been studying so hard lately.


My sanity saving discovery

Jaxson is the best sleeper...once he is asleep. But getting him there sometimes is a chore, mostly at nap time. Not because he will cry or want to be rocked or something. He just can't fall asleep without his binky, but LOVES to pull it out of his mouth. Untill a few days ago, putting him to sleep meant standing by his crib, and either holding his hands so he wouldn't take the binky out, or putting his binky back in every 10 seconds. I was going crazy!!! Notice I said "was". Now I put him to bed like this!!! HAHA! I tuck his hands in the blanket, then tuck the blanket under him so he can't take his bink out. Plus, he loves to nuzzle up in the blankets to fall asleep. He now falls asleep the second I put him in his crib! Ahhh... I am a sane mommy again.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Arent you so glad you figured that out?! Ahh...getting kids to sleep is the only thing thats important in the world sometimes!
-sheri

Tyson and Courtney said...

Can you believe I've never been to the SF zoo? We'll have to go sometime, maybe after June, when I have a little boy to push in a stroller and a good excuse to be there!