So I was scheduled to go in to be induced this morning at 11:00. I called in around 10:00 to confirm my appointment and the nurse told me they couldn't take me right then, but they could take me at 1:00 and to just come in then. Danny and I were so excited we actually got in! Danny rushed home from school and we took care of all the last minute things we wanted to before going into the hospital; laundry, cleaning, packing, etc.. Not to mention Danny got excused absences from his classes, got other people to handle his Thursday patients, my brother and sister got work off, and my mom canceled all her clients for the next week so she could come out. All the sudden around 12:00 the phone rang and it was the hospital. They told me that they had a sudden rush of people and that instead of coming in at 1:00 they wanted me to just call to see if things had calmed down. I called when they asked me to and they said there wasn't any way I could come in today. We were so frustrated! I would rather have had them just said they weren't sure if I could get in at 1:00 in the first place and to call back then, rather than telling me I could come in and making us think it was a for sure thing, then pulling the rug out from under our feet. I talked to my doctor and I have another induction appointment for 6:00 a.m. on Saturday that she said is pretty much for sure I will get in, but it's still not a 100% guarantee.
This is exactly why I didn't want to play the induction game. We are pretty bummed out and hope he decides to come on his own before Saturday. Thanks to everyone who has called or stopped by to check on us. It is so nice knowing we have such great friends. We love you all and will continue to keep everyone updated.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Bummer! That's too bad that they got your hopes up. I really hope he makes his big debut SOON! Like TODAY!
Good luck :)
AAHHHH!So sorry Loni. I have been thinking about you and waiting for a call. Now I know why no call. I hope you get in soon, or that the lil' guys just decides to come out. Keep us posted. Take care!
Geez..what is taking him so long? He must be pretty comfy in there! Start doing jumping jacks or something!
oh loni, one more day!!!! Your a tropper :) Enjoy your sleep because the first couple of weeks is a doozy.
Let me know if you need anything.
Howdy from the Redd's,
Glad to see your bloggers so we can stay in touch. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pics of the little Danny. Love you guys
Mike & Hillary
I hope he is here by now. I know how you feel. Stupid hospital. Hope everything goes wonderful!
seeing as it is now sunday he is probably already here :) Danny told me that I can come and hold him and smell the cute baby smells so I am truly taking you up on the offer!! I'm sure he is going to be perfect, and I'm so excited for you guys!
Loni--thanks so much for stopping by earlier. He is such a good looking baby! You did a really good job! Congratulations :)
Please, please let me know if we can do anything for you--we're just next door!
Post a Comment