Our little baby Jaxson was born this last Friday evening October 5, at 5:45 pm. He is the best baby ever! He was 9 lb. 2 oz. and 23 in. long. He is so tall!
On Friday morning I woke up around 5 :30 to give directions to my brother who was coming into town with my two sisters and sister in law. When I was on the phone with him I was having some really mild contractions that felt like the braxton hicks I had been having for weeks now. By the time Danny left for school they were still happening, but I still didn't think much of it. By the time my family got here around 8:00 my contractions were getting stronger and more regular. Danny came home from school and we went into the hospital around 11:30. We got to the hospital and I was dialated to a 2 and 100% effaced, but my contractions had slowed down a little. They said that since I was overdue and still in early labor I could stay, but to speed things up they would probably break my water and give me pitocen. I was fine with that so they moved us up to a labor room and within a few min the doctor on call came and broke my water. That didn't speed up my contractions very much and I was still at a 2. I knew I wanted to get an epidural so I decided to just get one then before they gave me the pitocen so I could be comfortable when the hard contractions set in. Once I got the epidural and had the pitocen going for about an hour and a half Jaxsons heart started to do funny things so she checked me and I was at 10 cm already! I went from 2 cm to 10 cm in 2 hours. She had me do a test push to see where the baby was, and when I did she told me to stop because he was right there about to come out. She called my doctor and it took her about an hour to get there from the office, but since I had the epidural I could handle not pushing during contractions. As soon as my doctor got there she had me start pushing. The first push I pushed really hard, the second push, she told me not push quite as hard. Then the next contraction she had me push for a third time. I started to push and she said "slower! easy! slower!", but I was hardly pushing at all, so I just stopped pushing and he slid right out. I was so lucky to have such an easy delivery. He also latched right on without a problem when I started nursing him. We couldn't ask for a better baby. We love him so much!
When they first handed me Jaxson it still didn't hit me he was ours. That night the nursery brought him to me to feed around 5:30 and I kept him with me and snuggled with him. It really hit me that he was my baby when we were laying in bed and he was sleeping on my chest, we got to watch the sun rise together. It was one of the sweetest moments in my life.
It is so cool having a baby and seeing some of mine and Danny's traits in him. Danny and I both have webbed toes...And so does Jaxson!!!
Danny and Jaxson's first of many "Saturday morning football" experiences.
We love our little boy!!!

13 comments:
oh, he is beautiful! sorry i didn't stop by tonight, we had the missionaries over for dinner. i promise i will be over tomorrow though. i can't wait to hold him! congrats! we LOVE boys!
CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!! What a cute little baby. It's good to know there are more daniel theurer's in the world! -mike redd
AW! SO freakin' cute! Im so jealous! Im so happy about the toes, that is the greatest. And I love the sunrise picture of you two. So sweet. Congrats to both of you!!!
PS-All the "!'s" are how I show you my excitement (in case you didnt understand...)
i have been checking your blog at least 10 times a day to hear if he ever arrived. I was so happy to see that he finally came! HOORAY! I can't wait to meet him. He is beautiful! Congrats!
I ditto what Katie said... finally a post to say he's here! Congratulations Theurer family!
Congrats. He is so cute. I can't tell who he looks like?? I am in awe at how big he is and he is your first. You are the woman! Can't wait to hold him. You should bless him over Christmas so we can be there! We would love it!
He is so cute!!! Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet him!
Yay! He is 1/2 inch taller than Connor was! Go Jaxson! Congrats and I hope you are doing great.
The picture with the two of you watching the sun rise, breath taking. What a moment you captured!! You look like a beautiful mommy. I am So excited to come play with jax daniel :)
P.S. Great name!
Congrats! He is absolutely beautiful! He is so big he already looks chubby! If you need anything don't hesitate to call!
Congrats! He is absolutely beautiful! He is so big that he already looks chubby! If you need anything don't hesitate to call! Can't wait to hold him!
Congratulations Loni and Danny!!! We love you and he is so adorable!! I am so jealous Patrique is going to be seeing him tonight! Love Ya
Congratulations! What a great story! I'm glad it was an easy delivery--lucky!!!! Cute baby!!!
Love,
Juliana
Post a Comment