Sunday, July 22, 2007

Our Saturday Adventure


For this weeks Saturday adventure we found a beach about an hour and a half away that is supposedly the warmest Northern California beach and drove down to it. It is called Seabright Beach and it's in Santa Cruz. It was like 90 degrees! We loved it! I guess this beach is so warm because the mountains around it block the fog and wind, which is the problem with all the other beaches around where we live. One of the locals did tell us that today was abnormally warm, but still it's consistantly warmer there than what we are used to in San Fran.



We stopped and ate lunch at a little place called Betty's Burgers that was really yummy. After that we went down to the beach and played catch, walked along the water, layed out, and even did a little swimming. I didn't go in past my waist, because if I did then a shark would for sure eat me, but I did get in a little. That was a big step for me.
P.S. Soon after this picture, a big wave came in and swept Danny's favorite sunglasses away into the depths of the ocean. We had a moment of silence for them, Danny was really sad.



So I am 30 weeks prego now, and it is showing for sure. I'm getting pretty anxious for this baby to come. My body is starting to ache and I'm tired a lot, so I am excited for this stage of things to be over with. Someone the other day reminded me that it is much easier to take care of him right now than when he is born, so thinking about that makes waiting 10 more weeks a bit easier.



I love our Saturday adventures. We have lots of fun discovering new cool places around where we live. I think that this beach is going to be a place we go back to quite often.

4 comments:

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Looks like you will have to make another trip to Blue Botique when you get back to Utah! I loved those glasses. Thanks for keeping your blog updated because we love to check it and see all the fun things that are going on in your life. We are excited to come out there in 10 weeks! -Matt, Shari, and Brooklyn

Loni said...

He bought those glasses there like 5 years ago. I doubt they will have them still. :( Can't wait to see ya! By the way, I am coming to Utah on Wed. for Amy's wedding. I will be there for a week!

Michelle said...

R.I.P. sunglasses. Maybe some lucky person in Australia will find them.
You look SO cute Loni!
~Michelle

Jamie said...

Love the frogs...(: