This last weekend we had our annual Theurer vacation (since we lived in SF for the last three years this is the first one I have ever been able to go on). We rented two amazing cabins just outside Yellowstone and had a really great fun filled weekend.
We started out our trip with a 5 mile hike to the Lone Star Geyser. All the kids did so great! I am not even joking, Jaxson RAN at least 2.5 of the 5 miles.
The rest of the time he either rode in his cousins stroller, or we carried our little tank.
When he finally got tired of running it was like he hit a brick wall. He suddenly stopped and looked up at Danny and said, "Daddy,...shoulders". That was the first time I have EVER seen Jax run out of energy.
When we got to the geyser, it was about an hour until it went off again, so we went on walk to the stream to throw rocks in...
...and Jax wanted to get in to cool off after the long hike.
Lone Star Geyser
My superman.
Grandpa, Ellie, Grandma, and Luke.
All the kids that survived the hike.
When we got back to the car, Jaxson fell asleep before we even left the parking lot. He was one tired kid!
After the long hike we stopped in West Yellowstone to do some shopping, get ice-cream and pizza, then we headed back to the cabin to hang out.
Jax and Emily are a month apart and so much fun playing together.
Playing at the cabin
The next morning we woke up early and headed back to West Yellowstone to buy fishing licenses. While Danny was buying them, we went to the museum. They had these cool bison that were pained really neat.
Jaxson had fun finding all the bears on them.
Then we headed into the park. We stopped at Yellowstone Lake, it is SO beautiful!
We had a fast crazy lunch, filled with just about every kid having a meltdown.
Then continued down the road headed to go fishing. It was really fun searching for animals along the way. We saw lots of elk, white tail deer, bison, and even a bald eagle!
Luckily the bison herds were still in the valley and we were able to see them before they went up over the mountain.
My fly fisherman.
Sunday morning we woke up and went to Big Springs to feed the big fish. The water was so amazingly clear. I haven't ever seen water that clear.
The little cabin behind us was actually a little playhouse. How cute is that?!

1 comment:
I am not sending you my address unless it is to come visit. Thank you for thinking of us when you see owl things though! :)
PS-I am so jealous that you went to yellowstone. I have always wanted to go there.
PPS-Its funny to me that you said "..even a bald eagle" because we see them every day in WA.
PPPS-I LOVE all the faces Jax makes and the story about him running out of energy. He's a funny kid.
PPPPS-I beat you in the game of post script.
Post a Comment