Monday, August 17, 2009

Cabin "Camping"


This last weekend we had plans to go camping up near Kamas. The day we were supposed to leave, the weather changed and it started to storm. Luckily, the Theurer family's cabin is also just outside Kamas, so we headed up there instead of braving the weather.



I had been telling Jax all day that we were going camping and we were going to sleep in a tent and have a fire, so instead of letting him down we set up the tent in the front room...



...and made a fire and cooked S'mores. I don't think he knew the difference because he kept saying, "mommy, we camping! I LOVE camping!".


Our "tent"


When we first got up to the cabin, there was a break in the rain and the sun was peaking through the clouds. It made the view look like a painting!



"CHEEEEEESE!"


We didn't realize how cramped the front room would be with our tent taking up the whole room. We sure had fun playing in it though!



In the morning we made breakfast, colored, played games, watched the rain and took a nap.


When we woke up the weather had cleared so we made a lunch and went out to have a picnic.


We got to enjoy the pretty view while we ate.


Then we went on a little hike/walk to try to find animals.



We saw a deer at the beginning of our walk so after that he kept looking for more.



Jaxson and I went on a little walk just the two of us while Danny took down the tent inside the cabin. I love laughing and playing with my little guy.



On our way down from the cabin we stopped to throw rocks in the stream. Jaxson is still talking about it.


Checking out the stream.



We ended our fun little weekend get-a-way with some dinner at the Oakley Polar King. Mmm...

No comments: