The Sunday before finals we got word that my sweet Grandma Bailey passed away. She was 76 years old and her and my grandpa were married for 56 years. We were so lucky to make it down to Arizona for Spring break to see her and let Jaxson meet her. As soon as finals were over we hurried down to AZ for the funeral. Even though it was a somber occasion, it was fun to be around our entire family on the Bailey side since it has been years since we all were together. For me, the hardest part was seeing my grandpa and how hard it was on him. My grandparents loved each other so much and I don't have a single memory of one of them without the other there. I have so many wonderful memories of my grandma. Like her making us a Texas style breakfast of steak and eggs every time we would come to see her, her playing songs for us on the organ or piano, dancing with grandpa in their front room, her silly southern way of saying things, and the long talks about everything from her arthritis to her much pampered dog "Sunny boy of Paris". I love you grandma and am excited to see you again someday.
We were in Arizona for Fathers Day, and I feel Danny got a bit jipped. It was his first Father's Day and we spent the day saying good-bye to relatives and flying home from the funeral. Danny is the best dad I have ever seen. He is so sweet with Jaxson and loves to be with him. I love the way Jaxson's face lights up and the huge smile that comes on his face whenever Danny walks into the room. Jax loves his daddy and so do I. Thank you babe for how amazing you are. I promise next Father's Day will be better.
Danny also finished his second year of Dental School! He did an awesome job this year and is going to be an awesome dentist! Congrats babe!
SUMMER BREAK!!
We have had quite the crazy summer break so far, hence the lack of posting. We found out about my grandma passing away so right after finals were over we flew down to Arizona. We got back with only 2 days to pack up our apartment and get moved into our new one (even though we only slept there one night, I can tell I am going to love our new 3 bedroom split level). Then in the middle of unpacking, Danny and I were so burnt out, we left our apartment in shambles and drove out here to Utah. We got here just in time to rush around and get things done for Drew's (Danny's younger brother) wedding. That was yesterday so I feel like we can finally relax and enjoy break.
We have been able to sneak in a few hours hanging out at the pool though. I decided you never realize how pasty white you are until you are around people who actually see the sun more than once a week.
What is summer without watermelon?? Jaxson got to try some for the first time and it was so cute! He couldn't get a good enough grip on it to get it up to his mouth, so after much trying to lift it...
...he gave up, and ate it like this. It was so funny.
Brooklyn turned 2 this month too. I am happy we were here to go to her little party. I can't believe she is so big! She was born a week before we moved out to San Fran. !
Drew and Jordan's wedding pictures coming soon....

3 comments:
That picture of Jaxson with the watermelon is hilarious!!! I'm sad that we won't be neighbors anymore!
Nice to see someone updating their blog cause I am so due! thanks for sharing the cute pics, especially Jaxson and the watermelon! By the way can I get those pics of Brooklyn? I forgot she modeled for us the other day! Love you all!
Those are seriously the cutest pictures ever of Jaxson eating the watermelon! I love it! Hope you guys are having a great break. Can't wait for you to meet my little ten pounder!
Post a Comment