Sunday, November 16, 2008

"How Blessed the Day When the Lamb and the Lion..."

Church was very interesting today. We arrived at church to find that there was a rally against Prop 8 outside our ward building. Throughout the whole meeting we could hear the chanting and noise of the protesting crowd. For the closing hymn of sacrament meeting we sang " The Spirit of God". I about broke down on the last verse when we sang the words "How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion shall lie down together without any ire". It helped me understand even more what the pioneers went through, and why they would sing that song for strength. I can't wait for the day when we all can live together in peace as children of our Heavenly Father. It's so hard to live in a city where our church is receiving direct persecution. I need to be better about doing more to help people understand the Mormon church and our beliefs.

2 comments:

witticism here said...

It is horrible that protests like that would be held outside a church service. Though I am for the right for gay marriage, I think it is dispicable for anyone to bring political protest in or near a place of worship. I am glad you were able to find comfort despite the chaos.

Kimberley said...

Interesting to say the least!